Brad Wilson, Co-Founder
Founded: June, 2014
Write About engages students in writing through high-interest content in a social writing community. It gives them an opportunity to publish to a chosen audience and receive feedback on their writing. Students who use Write About are quite simply writing and publishing MORE while having fun in the process. Every element of the site is designed to help students love writing and for teachers to be able to provide more opportunities for engagement and growth through the writing process.
Write About is a digital writing platform for classrooms with the mission of making writing FUN and sharing EASY. Created by educators, Write About includes:
- Hundreds of stunning visual Ideas to spark every genre of writing
- Custom groups for student interests, classroom projects and collaborations
- Layers of publishing for sharing to a local or worldwide audience
- Personalized annotations and private voice feedback on student posts
- A growing database of digital writing lesson plans and standards-aligned resources
Teachers can join and participate in the Write About community for free and easily set up student accounts to fully test a classroom membership.
Get In Touch
Twitter: @mywriteabout and @dreambition
Other Info Shared during the interview
Check out Brad's Pure Michigan Talk. Its great!